The Blackpool Tower Circus opened its doors in 1984 and hasn't missed a season since!
- When the Blackpool Tower Circus first opened to the public, admission was from 6d (sixpence)
- The Blackpool Tower Circus is positioned at the base of the Tower between its four legs
- Animals have not appeared in the Blackpool Tower Circus from 1990
- Long before he became famous as a Hollywood film star, the comedian, W.C.Fields, spent a season before the First World War at the Circus as a juggler
- Bolton comedian Peter Kay performed his show which later became “Live from the Top of the Tower” on 10th-11th April 2000. It was performed in The Blackpool Tower Circus arena
- The Blackpool Tower Circus has never missed a season since it began in 1894
- The present interior of the Circus was created by the famous theatre designer, Frank Matcham, and was completed in 1900
- For each era of The Blackpool Tower Circus, there has been a resident clown. Today it is Mooky, but previous generations laughed at the antics of August & September, Doodles and the well-remembered Charlie Cairoli
- When flooded, the Circus ring can hold up to 42,000 gallons of water to a depth of 4 feet 6 inches
- Sporting events that have been held in the circus ring include boxing, wrestling and snooker
Dating back to 1894, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom is world-famous for its unique sprung dance floor and spectacular architecture and remains to this day a destination for dance fans from across the globe.
THE BLACKPOOL TOWER EYE
Take a trip 380ft into the sky to the top of The Blackpool Tower and experience the thrilling SkyWalk.
Walk out if you dare onto the five-centimetre thick glass viewing platform, where you can look out into the Irish Sea and see the famous Blackpool Promenade below you.