This page has been designed to help you plan your visit and enjoy as many of our attractions as possible.
The Blackpool Tower makes every effort to ensure that The Blackpool Tower Eye, Dungeon, Circus , Ballroom and other facilities are accessible to all of our guests. Disabled access into The Blackpool Tower is via Bank Hey Street (opposite Primark).
Assistance/guide dogs are welcome in The Blackpool Tower– they must never be left unattended anywhere in The Blackpool Tower.
There's plenty of pay & display car parks in Blackpool with designated parking for those with a disability:
- Houndshill Centre
Covered, multi-story parking adjacent to Blackpool Tower. Pay on return charges apply.
- Central Car-parks
Open air, ground level parking only 5 minutes' walk from us. Pay & display charges apply.
- Street Parking
Town Centre street parking is only available on short term basis.
Don’t forget to display a valid blue badge in your vehicle.
- One registered disabled carer is able to visit our attractions free of charge when the person they care for pays the full individual on-the-door rate. The guest will need to provide official documented evidence of the disability, or of registered carer status (for example, blue/orange badge, award letters, or carer ID). The free carer ticket is not available for special events held by The Blackpool Tower or 3rd party organisers.
- If assistance is required with ticket purchasing, our Admissions team will be able to help.
- Toilets with disabled access are available throughout the building including a Changing Places toilet.
- Please be aware that all our disabled toilets require access by radar key. Please ask a member of staff for assistance.
Here are the details for each attraction within The Blackpool Tower:
The Blackpool Tower building can accommodate all guests with a disability, with the exception of guests using mobility scooters. However, complimentary wheelchairs are available.
- The Blackpool Tower Eye and 4D Cinema can accommodate all guests with a disability, with the exception of guests using mobility scooters. However, complimentary wheelchairs are available.
- Although the glass floor level in fully accessible, the outer upper levels can only be accessed walking via stairs.
- Guests should be aware that the 4D Cinema may startle guide dogs, due to the sound level of the film.
- Due to the size of the show rooms, a maximum of two guests requiring the use of a wheelchair or one requiring a mobility scooter can be permitted per tour.
- The tour is fully wheelchair accessible up to show nine, when the actor in the show will guide guests to a lift leading to the next show.
- Drop Dead: drop ride – guests must be able to manoeuvre themselves into the seat and support their head unaided, as there is only a crash bar and no other harness. - Guests who cannot fulfil this criteria will be directed into the gift shop instead.
- There is a toilet with disabled access located within this attraction.
- Strobe lighting is used in our shows.
- Guests who are deaf or hard of hearing should make themselves known to a member of staff on the day who will do there best to accommodate you.
- Due to the age and design of The Blackpool Tower Circus arena wheelchair spaces are limited, so we cannot guarantee availability.
- Access for guests with a disability is available on the ground floor.
- Please be aware that there is a limited amount of seating in The Circus that does not require the use steps to gain access.
- Please contact The Circus team prior to your visit if you will require assistance.
- The Blackpool Tower Ballroom can accommodate all guests with a disability, with the exception of guests using mobility scooters. However, complimentary wheelchairs are available.
- There are five steps to the entrance of the Ballroom, but a chair lift is available for wheelchair users.
- The Changing Places facilities are available on this level.
- Unfortunately, the age of the building precludes wheelchair access to the balconies.
- Jungle Jim's can accommodate all guests with a disability, with the exception of guests using mobility scooters. However, complimentary wheelchairs are available.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for all children in Jungle Jims play area.
- Children with certain disabilities may not be able to use some of the play equipment.
- There are a number of steps to gain access to the equipment.
- Large groups of guests with a disability visiting The Blackpool Tower are advised to contact our Front of House team - call 01253 622242 prior to your visit.
- Otherwise be sure to ask the team upon arrival for further advice about access and facilities.
Building Lifts (Promenade entrance)
- Brass Lift - Max 1360KG
- South Lift - Max 1500KG
4D Cinema, Level 5 to Gift Shop and Arcade Promenade entrance
- Max 400KG
Ballroom Main Entrance
- Max 200KG
For any limit exceeding this and you wish to visit the Ballroom, please ask for guest assistance on the day
Due to the age of the building, the lift door’s width can be restricted, only standard wheelchairs permitted.
Due to the age and design of the building, we do not permit electric scooters above the ground floor or into the attractions, you may leave them in our buggy park located on the ground floor and hire a wheelchair for a fully refundable deposit of £10.
Merlin Entertainments Group takes a responsible approach with regards to policies and procedures for guests with a disability visiting its attractions. In this respect, all UK attractions work to a group policy in order to maintain consistency of approach, and also to comply with the government’s Disability Discrimination Act 2004(DDA) and the Equality Act 2010 (EA) under which the Disability Equality Duty of the DDA continues to apply.
This guide has been produced to provide a full and realistic overview of our five attractions detailing access information, ride restrictions and the requirements for helpers. You will be able to assess your own abilities and make an informed decision about which attractions you are able, or wish to use.