The Blackpool Tower (TBT) together with its owner, the Merlin Entertainments Group, places great importance on the safety of its visitors and the memorable experience they should take with them from their time on the Resort.
In order to achieve this, the following Regulations will be strictly enforced.
- THE BLACKPOOL TOWER IS PRIVATE PROPERTY. Only persons authorised by TBT are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the building. The sale of tickets/vouchers by anyone other than TBT is strictly prohibited. Court proceedings will be pursued against anyone in breach.
- You are permitted to enter TBT on the assumption that you are doing so in the knowledge that you are required to adhere to these Regulations. You will not be allowed on if you display any behaviour which gives rise to a reasonable belief that you will not comply with these regulations.
- Once you have entered the building, if you do not comply with these Regulations or we believe, with reasonable cause, that you have not complied with them, we (The Blackpool Tower personnel or a Police Officer) will remove you from the building. If you refuse to leave, you will be deemed to be trespassing and we may use reasonable force to remove you. If you are ejected from the building, you will have no right to a refund.
- TBT will endeavour to ensure that as many attractions as possible are available for use by visitors. We may, however, without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the building in its entirety or any part of it; close the building in its entirety or any part of it; temporarily restrict the number of persons having access to the building or any part of it; and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment programme, due to capacity, inclement weather, power failure, special events or any other circumstances or grounds which are judged to be necessary to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
- TBT accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however it arises (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any attraction undertaken and/or during evacuation from such an attraction in the event of breakdown.
- You must not use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behave in a manner, which, in the opinion of any member of TBT staff, has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any other person or which in any way is likely to provoke such behaviour from another.
- You are not allowed to display any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting.
- You must be dressed appropriately at all times whilst in the building – this includes wearing a top and shoes If you are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, you will not be allowed entry.
- Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is prohibited within the TBT
- If you behave in a manner which will or is likely to endanger the safety of another, you will be escorted from the building. The climbing of, or standing upon, fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, or buildings is strictly prohibited for this reason.
- All attractions, amusements and other facilities must only be used in accordance with any written rules, regulations or guide lines or verbal instructions given by the operator.
- You must have a valid Admission ticket to enter the attractions and entry must be by valid or lawful means. Admission tickets must be retained as proof of payment; any member of TBT staff may request to see tickets at any time.
- Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge.
- No child or children under the age of 15 will be admitted to the building unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- No weapon, firearm, explosive, noxious gas or liquid or any other substance or article which can or may be used to cause harm to another or damage to property can be brought into the building.
- No alcohol or intoxicant or any drugs falling under the misuse of drugs act 1971 may be brought into the building.
- If we reasonably believe you are in possession of any item as detailed above (in 15 and 16), we (The Blackpool Tower personnel or Police Officer) reserve the right to search you.
- Disability Awareness Dogs are welcome at the TBT, but must be kept under close control at all times. No other dogs or pets of any other kind are allowed in the building.
- Certain premises within The Blackpool Tower are authorised to sell alcohol in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. Any alcohol purchased at one of these premises must be consumed on the premises or where the premises have an external guest area, within the boundaries of this area, as authorised by the act.
- From time to time TBT or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in The Blackpool Tower, which may feature visitors. Entry to the building is deemed acceptance of these Regulations, and you therefore agree that TBT or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with TBT or such authorised party (as the case may be).